Have you ever thought about the difference between Moissanite and Cubic Zirconia? Well, the two contenders shine brightly and have become immensely popular in recent years, captivating jewelry enthusiasts with their brilliance and affordability. But which one truly reigns supreme in the world of gemstone simulants? In this blog post, we will dive deep into the characteristics and qualities of Moissanite and Cubic Zirconia, comparing their brilliance, durability, eco-friendliness, and value to determine which one is the reigning champion.
Can you tell Moissanite from Cubic ZIrconia?
Here are the three main distinctions between the two:
- The Sparkle: Moissanite has this incredible sparkle that's close to a diamond, with colorful flashes of light that dance around when it catches the light. On the other hand, Cubic Zirconia might have a slightly different kind of sparkle.
- The Hardness: Moissanite is tougher than Cubic Zirconia, so it won't scratch as easily. If you run your fingers across the surface, you might notice that Moissanite feels more durable.
- The Color: Sometimes, Moissanite can have a hint of yellow or greenish tint, especially in larger stones. Cubic Zirconia, however, often comes colorless and can look more like a high-quality diamond.
Which is better: Cubic Zirconia or Moissanite?
When it comes to Moissanite vs. Cubic Zirconia, Moissanite emerges as the clear winner. Its natural mineral composition and impressive hardness offer superior brilliance and durability, making it a top-notch choice for those seeking a diamond-like sparkle that lasts. On the other hand, Cubic Zirconia may be more budget-friendly, but it cannot match the long-lasting allure and elegance of Moissanite. With Moissanite, you get a gemstone that rivals diamonds in brilliance and fire, elevating your jewelry to a whole new level of sophistication.
Which is more sparkly moissanite or cubic zirconia?
Moissanite's refractive index of 2.69 is 25% higher than Cubic Zirconia. This means Moissanite shines with more brilliance. Its dispersion of light is 58% greater than CZ, creating stunning flashes of rainbow light known as "fire." In summary, Moissanite emits more brilliance and fire, making it a truly captivating gemstone.
Does Moissanite have better quality than Cubic Zirconia?
Moissanite outshines Cubic Zirconia when it comes to quality. Here are some supporting reasons:
- Natural Mineral Composition: Moissanite is a naturally occurring mineral, while Cubic Zirconia is a synthetic gem. This natural origin gives Moissanite a higher level of authenticity and rarity, elevating its overall value.
- Impressive Hardness and Durability: With a hardness of 9.25 on the Mohs scale, Moissanite is second only to diamonds in terms of hardness. This remarkable durability ensures Moissanite remains resistant to scratches and everyday wear, making it perfect for long-term use.
- Superior Brilliance and Fire: Moissanite's brilliance closely rivals that of diamonds, giving it a captivating sparkle that dazzles the eyes. Its fire, the dispersion of light into colorful flashes, further adds to its allure, creating a mesmerizing display of brilliance.
- Long-Lasting Beauty: Due to its exceptional hardness and resistance to wear, Moissanite retains its brilliance and beauty over time, making it a timeless gemstone that can be cherished for generations.
- Eco-Friendly Choice: Being a naturally occurring gemstone, Moissanite is considered a more eco-friendly option compared to the energy-intensive process of creating Cubic Zirconia in a lab.
On the other hand, Cubic Zirconia, being a man-made gem, falls short in terms of hardness, making it more susceptible to wear and tear. With Moissanite, you can rest assured that your jewelry will maintain its captivating shine and brilliance for years to come. Choose Moissanite for an exquisite gemstone that rivals diamonds in beauty and quality!
Is Moissanite more valuable than Cubic Zirconia?
Without a doubt, Moissanite holds greater value than Cubic Zirconia for several compelling reasons. Firstly, Moissanite's natural occurrence makes it rarer than Cubic Zirconia, which is synthetically created. This rarity, combined with Moissanite's exceptional brilliance and fire, elevates its desirability and allure, giving it a higher market value. Moreover, Moissanite's impressive hardness, ranking close to diamonds on the Mohs scale, ensures not only its captivating beauty but also its longevity. While both Moissanite and Cubic Zirconia provide affordable alternatives to traditional diamonds, Moissanite stands tall as a more valuable and radiant choice, making your jewelry collection truly shine